Wednesday, April 14, 2010

More Photos Of the Arizona State for You!!

The Classic Pristine Skies of Arizona



I thought of posting about our first presentation and how it went on, but I am just waiting for Umesh's photograph to be downloaded to my computer. I could not click his photograph as I was helping him change the slides, as planned earlier. I got Uppi Sir's camera today, but couldnt get the photo out because his battery died down. We have to now get his battery charged and our first presentation experience has to wait. I am sure, you all want to see more of Arizona Nature. Well here are some photos that we took during the visit to Williams Family Ranch on the first day after we checked out from the Hotel.

Me and Umesh stayed with Deb Morgaina. In the past six days of our stay I should say that she has become our foster mother in the USA. The care that she took to ensure we feel comfortable is amazing. I should say I am lucky to enjoy such care in a country that is foriegn. Deb, Me and Umesh prepared and packed some breakfast for the Williams Family Ranch tour on 12th April 2010. We left home early so that we can reach the Ranch on time. The catch was that, we had to drive through several miles of what are known as "Flash Flood Areas" that are also known as "Catches" locally. Vince Evans who was our official tour guide planned the tour in such a way that in case of a shower, we do not get stuck in a catch. The picture above is Deb's home. Its huge and its simple. Its modern and its humble. Just like Deb!!

On the way to the ranch me and Umesh had a very exciting conversation with Vince about various things. We discussed right from geology, minerology, bio diversity, indian reservations or native american reservation, water projects, roads and signals, etc., etc., etc., We both bombarded Vince with questions and he was patient and kind enough to answer all our questions. Vince is a guy with great knowledge about many things. He gave Umesh at the beginning of the tour an Atlas and asked him to navigate the team to their destination. Umesh got to learn the skill of map reading and navigation with Vince's help. Another great thing I have to mention about Vince. He watched me taking lots of pictures and he went out and bought me and Umesh books on Arizona landscapes and geology and presented it to us today at Lucy's potluck. Folks, this can happen only in Rotary. We are honored to gain such friendship.

We had a fabulous panoramic view of the Arizona's desert land. Following are some of the photographs that I took on the way of the desert. Take a look and enjoy.


If you are thinking that all we did at the Ranch we clicking pictures, you are wrong. We spoke to Mr. Williams about the life at the Ranch. Its amazing how they live. They raise cattle at the Ranch. They have to ensure that the cattle gets fed properly and doesnt stray away onto other properties. The cattle has to be treatd in case of medical emergencies and also has to be protected from people who might kill and steal them away. Williams Family Ranch doesnt make any dairy products, but sells calves to meet their economic needs. We asked Mr. Williams if he made a decent amount of money!! His answer was, he was not running the ranch for money, but because of the life style that it offers him. He said he was self sufficient and can do what he wants to do. He also told us that he spends time with his grand children more than anyone else that he knows of does. You can see Mr. Williams in the adjacent pictures with the full green shirt and bluc colored jeans pant. Also visible to the naked eye is his 20mm pistol. When asked why he carried a gun, he siad it was to signal his dogs. The following is the message from Mr. Williams.

You work hard today. If you cant get all the work done, there is always a tomorrow. And if there is not tomorrow, you dont get it done anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Hai Team,
    Nice to see your comments- looks like you are thoroughly enjoying your stay in the US. have fun & keep updating the Blog.

    Rajesh, I guess most of the contribution is from you- never knew the "Journalist" in you. KIU. I know with s strategist, an Artist & a Trainer- the team makes a beautiful combination, with a Doctor to head it all.

    BTW, Umesh & Rajesh- Hope you are keeping count of the number of "Photos"!!!- Remember that I am also a party for the sharing.

    Enjoy maadi.

    Sampat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear RAjesh,
    Good to see more photos of our GSE program and you are doing a great job and I am proud of you. You have a flare to write as rightly said by Sampath. One suggestion is if you can put our action photo our friends and relatives can see our face. Can you do that.
    yours
    uppi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sampath and Uppi Sir,

    Thanks a lot for the encouraging comments that you have given me. I will write a post on our first presentation and also on our hosts. Just awaiting a few photographs that is all.

    Further, I love nature. I would love the viewers to see the world through my lens. That is why human beings are never the subjects of my photos. However, you are right in saying that our Action photos must be there on the blog. Will put them up.

    Posts come from me. But, the thought and the content belongs to the team. I discuss and share the idea before I post. Until now, it was a bit difficult to get more photographs from other team members. But now, I guess we have all figured it out. So more contributions from team can be expected.

    Thanks for the comments. Will be doing as much as possible. Keep posting comments and encourage us. You will fuel the fire in us and bring out the best by doing so!!

    ReplyDelete